Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Jamie Eason's Italian Turkey Burgers


A couple of years ago I did Jamie Eason's Live Fit program.

It's free to download through bodybuilding.com.

This is mostly about weight training and she uses a more low cab weight lifting diet.

Needless to say it didn't work for me because I got sick of eating the same things every day.

The food was really good but you just start to feel like it's the same thing day in and day out.

The exercise program was great though.

I learned a lot and had more muscle in my arms than I've ever had.

Of course before you ever begin any exercise program you should consult your own doctor to see if it's right for you.

Be smart and be safe.

Anyway, this is one of the recipes I used to make on a regular basis.

As it turns out it's very WW friendly.

You can find the recipe with her video on how to make it here.

Ingredients

2 lbs 93% lean ground turkey

4 medium zucchini

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp garlic powder

2 tsp onion powder

2 tsp dried basil

1 tsp oregano

1 tsp black pepper


Instructions

Set the broiler on high.  Move the top oven rack up so it's two inches from the top.
Line a baking sheet with foil sprayed with cooking spray.

Using the fine grating side of your grater, grate the zucchini.



After it's all grated take handfuls at a time and squeeze out as much water as you can.

You'll be surprised just how much you get out!  It's a lot!!!

Then just mix the zucchini, turkey and spices together with your hands(this is the messy part).

Make them into burgers and place on the baking sheet.  You'll have to do this in two batches if you've used the whole 2 lbs of turkey.



Broil on high for 7-8 minutes and then pull them out, flip them over and broil for another 7-8 minutes or until a little browned on top.


I like to eat them plain or with a large piece of lettuce like a wrap but you can use a bun and condiments as you like.  

These are a little messy but they're easy to make, they're delicious hot or leftover and low in points.

I cut it in half and made 7 burgers out of it which comes out to 2 points a piece!

I have to work extra this week so now I'll have something to eat if I'm too tired to cook.

I have other ideas to change these burgers up but that's another post for another day.




Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...