Sunday, June 18, 2017

A Side of Fingerling Potatoes Please



I picked up these multi-colored fingerling potatoes at the farmer's market last weekend.

They're so pretty I couldn't wait to cook them up!

I simply washed them and then cut them in half lengthwise.



Then I added in a sprinkle of dried parsley, oregano and kosher salt.


I added in 4 small cloves of fresh garlic.  I used my garlic press for this.  

Toss the garlic in with the potatoes and stir well to make sure all the herbs are mixed in.


Place on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with olive oil spray. 

Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes or until cooked through and a little crispy at the edges.  

You can portion yourself out on this one.  

Potatoes are 4 oz for 3 points which isn't bad if you ask me.  

We ate these as an appetizer tonight.  

It was kind of fun to snack on them and they looked really pretty.  

Since they weren't loaded with oil they weren't high in points like you'd get at a restaurant.  

That's the beauty of eating in.  You get to control what goes into your food, how it's treated.

And you're more accurate in counting points.  

These would also be lovely with a little smoked paprika and/or cayenne.  

My husband and I tend to like heat. ;)

Enjoy this as a side or as an appetizer like we did.





Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...