Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Beefy Onion Zucchini Turkey Burgers



You might be thinking this looks like a re-post but it's not, ....  exactly.

I had this crazy idea after making Jamie Eason's Italian Turkey Burgers.

What if I used Lipton Beefy Onion dry soup mix in these?

So I did.

This could not be easier to make.  

Ingredients

1 lb 93% lean ground turkey

1 packet(8 Tbsp) Lipton Beefy Onion dry soup mix

2 medium to large zucchini

Instructions

Set the oven to broil.  Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.

After washing the zucchini and trimming off the ends, finely grate the zucchini.






After it's grated use your hands to wring out as much liquid as you can.

This step is very important!!!

Next combine the zucchini with the turkey and soup mix and mix well by hand.

Yep, it's messy but you know what they say?

Best tools in the kitchen are your hands.

Be sure they're clean!



I made seven patties with mine.  



Lay the patties on the baking sheet and broil for 8 minutes.

Pull them out, flip them over gently(they are fragile and can fall apart easily) and broil another 8 minutes.  


You can eat these on a bun with condiments or you can be a cheap skate like me and eat them plain.

They are pretty soft so they do fall apart easily but they're savory and delicious.

They're also only 3 points a piece!

Once again, here's to kitchen ingenuity.


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...