Monday, June 12, 2017

Tell Them Now

Tell    Them    Now

Lately I've been thinking about my grandma.

She's 91 years old and she's one of the most amazing women, people, I've ever had the honor to meet.

So, in small bits, I've been asking her questions about her life.  And I'm working on a memory box for her.

The thing that got me thinking about this is the fact that I'm always amazed that when I go to a funeral I learn things about that person that I never knew, even when it's someone I'm close to.

I decided I wanted to learn more about my grandma as a person and not just my grandmother.

Eventually I'm going to write her a short narrative about her amazing life and what she means to me.

I'm going to ask my family to write down their favorite memories of her and then present it to her in a memory box.

I actually saw the idea of a memory box in an e-mail from the author of the book I'm reading, 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle RN.

This morning I woke up and saw this video for the first time and it was just another affirmation that I'm on the right path.

It's an emotional thing but I wanted the opportunity to tell her everything now, before it's too late.

Father's Day is coming up and it's just another reminder to be thankful for our fathers, but also for all the people we love.

I hope you'll take the opportunity to tell all the special people in your life how much they mean to you.

With Love

~Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...