Sunday, July 30, 2017

Shrimp, Zucchini & Tomato Bake



Get ready for an easy, peasy, low in points, big in taste treat.  

Since it was just me for lunch today I decided to scale this down a bit.  You can decide how big you want to make it and adjust the points accordingly.  

My leader, Nancy, told us about this one.  She handed out recipes that I unfortunately lost but I remembered the basics and thought I'd give it a try.

You get a nice, large and strong piece of aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.  

Preheat the oven to 350 F.  

Cut up one medium to large zucchini and 4 oz of cherry tomatoes.

I had beautiful shallots I had on hand from the farmer's market so I used those in lieu of onion.  




Either will work.  Chop them up into a fine dice.  

Put the zucchini, tomatoes, and onion onto the foil.

Add 1/2 lb of thawed small shrimp, deveined with the tail off.  

Next add Pappy's seasoning blend to your mix and stir gently.  

Take a second piece of foil and place it over the top.  Grab two pieces of foil on one side and fold over tightly a couple times.




Repeat on all the other sides.  

Place onto a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes.




Let's talk points~

The shrimp is the only thing that counts in this one and it's really low in points.

How cool is that?!

1/2 lb of shrimp is 3 pts and that's it for the whole thing!

Woo hoo!!!

This recipe is summery and light.  You could easily put it on the grill too or add other 0 pt veggies to bulk this up.  I think mushrooms would be good and maybe a splash of white wine.  

I'm picturing enjoying this out on the back deck with a glass of white wine as a way of savoring the end of summer.

However you eat it I hope you enjoy every bite thoroughly.



  Happy Cooking!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...