Wednesday, July 19, 2017

WW Citrus & Roasted Broccoli


This is a WW recipe that my leader, Nancy, recommended and handed out today.

Ingredients

1 large head uncooked broccoli, cut into large florets with stem

1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce

2 tsp frozen, no sugar added, orange juice concentrate

1 tsp orange zest

1 1/2 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated

1 1/2 tsp minced garlic


Instructions

Preheat oven to 450 F.  Line a large baking dish with parchment paper.  




Toss broccoli with oil; spread on prepared pan.  Roast, stirring halfway through, until lightly browned, about 20-25 minutes.

While broccoli roasts, in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, orange juice conentrate, orange zest, ginger and garlic.



Immediately drizzle cooked broccoli with orange mixture and serve.





This recipe serves 4 and is only 1 pt per serving!




So, ... if you read yesterday's post you understand now that it takes a lot of food to make me feel full.
I did change one thing when I made this recipe today.  I used olive oil spray instead of 1 Tbsp olive oil.

This substitution changes the points from 1 to 0 however, if you eat the ENTIRE batch as I did, it comes out to 1 point for the WHOLE BATCH!

Woo hoo!

This is how I get full baby!  Yup, I'm totally laughing.  Hope you are too.




Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...