Wednesday, July 26, 2017

BULK It Up!



I mentioned that I LOVED my leader, Nancy's, Cashew Chicken Casserole right?

If you missed that post you can check it out here.

As per my usual, I'm always trying to find ways to cut points and get more food for each point.

So I made the UN-Cashew Chicken Casserole again but this time I added pre-cooked mushrooms, diced red bell pepper and 2 tsp of oyster sauce(0 pt).  

The result was really yummy with even bigger portion sizes without added points!

Yes!  Another win!

So this is what I'd say to you if you're hungry

ADD MORE VEGETABLES to like, everything.

That's definitely another thing I've done to try to stretch a point.  

Lately I've gone back to basics, doing the things I did that helped me be successful when I first started WW.

For one, I keep a big pot of 0 pt veggie soup on hand.  

When I get home from work I have a bowl of that and a large slice of watermelon.

I wait an hour or so before I think of having my next small meal and then I wait another hour before having another snack.  

Don't let yourself get hungry.  In WW there are tons of 0 pt or extremely low point food options.

Find your favorite recipes and start changing it up, make them work for you.

I think you'll find by adding veggies you don't lose any flavor and you gain a lot more nutrition and a nice feeling of fullness, not stuffed, but satisfied.  

So BULK IT UP!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...