Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Mindful Eating



Today was a GREAT day.

Today I FINALLY got to get back to my WW meeting.  I missed two weeks and was in some serious withdrawals.  

The topic today was mindfulness and we were all sharing what that meant to us in regards to our weight loss journey.

I shared that part of being mindful when eating means knowing what it takes for you personally to be full because, let me tell ya, for me it takes A LOT!

I told my friends the truth- it takes a whole lot of food to make me feel full.

Case in point- One of my favorite things to eat is a homemade pizza made with Flat Out brand Artisan thin pizza crust, turkey pepperoni and ultra thin provolone(total 8 pts depending on which flavor crust you use).

Now I hear people all the time talk about how great it is to have that for dinner.

For me, it's like I swallowed a big gulp of air!

It, in no way, fills me up!

So, I have to plan.  If I'm going to eat that I first eat a whole can of green beans with fat free cream of mushroom soup and bouillon plus a piece of fruit and maybe even a salad, all before I eat that pizza.

I've never been a two bites I'm full kinda girl and I never will be and that's okay.

The lesson is to become aware of what it does take and how you can fill yourself up in a healthy way.
Fortunately I'm not alone!

My awesome and fearless leader, Nancy, shared that she too requires a lot of food to fill up, so she too eats a lot of fruits and veggies first too!

The whole group had a good laugh today!

Who says you learning and losing weight can't be fun?!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...