Monday, July 17, 2017

Taking Attendance



I've just started listening to some podcasts by fatdag on Connect.

He's a very inspirational fellow who's had a lot of success on WW.

Although I've only listened to a couple of the podcasts I've already been inspired.

He said on one of them that he never went to the gym with the intention of working out really hard.

In fact, he said he didn't rate his success on performance.

He rates his success on ATTENDANCE.

That's right.

If you're showing up that's what counts in the end.

As he said, if you go to the gym and work so hard that you're sore for a week, and can't work out, what good does that do?

So instead he focuses on attendance.

Yesterday I really let those words settle in and used them, along with the "just 10 minutes" rule.

The 10 minute rule simply asks that we only as ourselves to work out for 10 minutes.

When you don't want to work out at all you say to yourself "I'm only going to do 10 minutes".

If you really only do 10 minutes it's better than none but usually you end up doing more and feeling really good about it.

My weight is up around 5 lbs and I realized I needed to get my head in the game and make some changes.

Part of my problem has been work.  It's been insanely busy and therefore incredibly stressful.

After talking with my own therapist I decided to start trying to carve out some "me" time for myself.

Today I did that by setting my alarm 20 minutes earlier than normal.

I told my husband about all these thoughts and he was very supportive.

"Even if you only stretch, that's still something.  I think it's a really good idea".

So, today I got up 20 minutes earlier and I found I was a little sore from my weight training yesterday so I just stretched.

And you know what?

It felt really good.  Not so much just physically but mentally.  It felt good to put my money where my mouth is so to speak.

Nothing feels worse than when you know you're being a hypocrite and nothing feels better than when you know you're living authentically.

It's a great start to the day.

Now I'm off to work but even if it gets crazy at least I did carve out this small amount of time for myself.

That's extreme self care and self love and it's a mighty life tool.

I hope you carve out some special time for yourself.

~Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...