Saturday, November 5, 2016

Quesadillas. It's What's For Lunch :)



Today I was very excited to find a 1 pt tortilla so I decided on making quesadillas with them.

Here's what I bought~



These are the smaller 6 1/2 inch whole wheat, low carb tortillas by Mama Lupe.


I pulled out my Tyson grilled chicken breast(3 oz= 1 pt) and caramelized onions I made on a different day, packaged and froze.  See my post from August entitled "Caramelized Onions" for an easy way to make a large batch.  I put pre-measured bits into labeled bags in the freezer.  They add tons of flavor to burgers, quesadillas, egg dishes, you name it!

I sprayed one tortilla with olive oil spray and lightly toasted it on both sides on the stove top.

Next I added the onions to one half and to the other half I added the cut up chicken and chopped, small sweet red pepper.  







Lastly I added 1/4 cup of reduced fat Mexican cheese(3 pts).  

If I wasn't feeling so lazy I would be adding sauteed mushrooms and maybe some other 0 pt veggie.  

There are lots of possibilities here.  

That's 6 pts total for the whole thing.  



It was fast, easy and oh so good!

I love it when I plan comes together.  

Happy Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...