Monday, November 28, 2016

Before...



A lot of people ask me how much weight I've lost.  They want to know how far I've come and what changes I've made.  

So today I am posting an actual e-mail that I sent my WW coach a few months back.  

I read this in my own WW meeting room.  

I thought I could get through it without crying but I was wrong.  

Even now, so much later I still feel kind of overwhelmed with the emotions I have tied up in this.  

This is a story about my Before...


I thought since you're my coach you might like to see a before photo.  I think this was the heaviest I got, 220 lb.  That's what I weighed when I had my son.  I lost down to 180 lb and then gained it back by the time he turned one.  

I was so freaking exhausted all the time back then, partly because he wasn't a good sleeper.  I felt bad about how I looked but it wasn't until later when I actually got on the scale that it hit me.  

For the next several years I just yo yo'd between 170-195 lb.  I was 186 lb when I joined WW.  

It used to be that I couldn't stand to look at these pictures but that's changed.  

Now when I look at this pic I feel so much compassion for this girl.  In fact I just want to hug her and tell her it's going to be alright. 
She was overwhelmed and under rested.  She was so afraid that she was completely screwing up her most important job, being a mother, and feeling fat, ugly and not enough on any level.  
She was also kind and compassionate and strong- stronger than even she knew.  
That girl was the only girl who had what it took to make a change and survive all of the foibles of this wonderful and dynamic life.  

That girl is one of my heroes and I'm so thankful for her.  

Thankful for you too friend- for every time you listen and you don't judge, for every time you kindly nudge when I need a nudge, for all the laughter, insights and tears I am so thankful for my friendship with you.  Emoji


~

Tomorrow I'll give you some of what my After looks like.  

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...