Sunday, November 20, 2016

Handy Kitchen Tools



When I tell you I've been making Nancy's recipe for apple dumplings 2-3 times a week I am not exaggerating.  

However, I didn't have an apple corer and that part was kind of a pain.  

So after reading the reviews on Amazon I ordered this one which came with a peeler.  

Let me just say I LOVE this corer!  It works so well and I love how you can open it up to get the core out without have to try and pull it out by hand.




The peeler is as sharp as can be.  I accidentally cut myself with it.  

It's partly because it isn't the typical design I'm used to and felt a little awkward.  





So I started wearing my favorite kitchen gloves when I do use it to peel them.




I got the "Glam Gloves" from Wal-Mart.  They're extra long and I'm using them quite a lot.  

In the winter my hands get very dry so I try to use these when I'm washing dishes.  

They were cheap too! Gotta love that.  Having the right tool for the job really makes a difference.

Of course you know what they say?

The best tools in the kitchen are your hands!

Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...