Thursday, November 17, 2016

Post Weigh In Update

I have to say I'm in complete shock!

I weighed in today and braced myself like I was just about to plummet to my death and she said I'd lost 2.6 lbs!

WHAT

THE

HECK?!

Holy cannoli!

How do I account for this?

In the past week I've been eating TONS of vegetables.

I've been inconsistent tracking and eating more quantity than I know I should but I've been eating the good stuff, um, that is the healthier foods.

Many nights in the past week I made Nancy's apple dumplings(which I LOVE!) and have eaten two of those.

In addition I've also been eating a whole acorn squash by myself each night.

I love them.  They're easy to cook up in the microwave and they're delicious!

Eating these things really helps me fill up so I'm not just craving other junk as strongly.

I won't say I didn't eat any junk because I did.

My guilty pleasure is sneaking into the pantry at night and eating mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.

After I finished off the marshmallows recently I told my husband not to buy any more for a while.

I may have to do the same with the chocolate chips when they're gone.

So, life goes on.

I can't believe only last night I felt like I was in crisis mode and today it was such a relief.

Now, I realize that it's not all that healthy to have my emotional stability be dependent on a number on a scale but the reality is that I'm human.

Sometimes it doesn't bother me so much one way or another but I also realize that when I don't care if I've had a gain usually comes on the heels of me having had consecutive successes or at least maintaining.

So the head games continue I guess but I know I'm still way better with the health and the mind set than I ever was before.

And, this is a work in progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...