Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Nancy's Apple Dumplings






This recipe comes from my WW leader, Nancy.

It makes 6 dumplings.  I cut the recipe in half for my family of three.

These are 2 Smart Points per whole apple dumpling.

Ingredients

2 Tbsp brown sugar

1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp corn starch

1 tsp vanilla extract

6 McIntosh apples, peeled and cored

6 square egg roll wrappers


Preheat the over to 375 degrees.

Spray a large six muffin cup tin with nonstick cooking spray.  In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, vanilla and 1 Tbsp of water.

Add apples, toss to coat.  Place one apple in the center of each egg roll wrapper.



Bring up the corners to the top of the apple, pressing and folding to seal the edges.





Stand each dumpling in a muffin cup and lightly spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.

Bake until golden 20-30 minutes.

Cool on a rack for 15 minutes.




Serve warm.  If you have vanilla Halo Top ice cream you can add 1/2 cup for 2 pts or 1 pt for a serving of light whip cream.






These are easy and so delicious!!!

There is something psychologically fulfilling for me about these.

I think I crave things like this, desserts where you get to eat one whole finished product instead of a small piece of something.

It makes me feel like I'm getting more somehow.

This looks lovely and it tastes like all the comfort of Fall.

Let me just put it this way, I loved these so much I'm probably going to make them again tonight and probably tomorrow too!!!!

I love desserts I don't have to feel guilty about eating.

Thanks Nancy!

Happy Cooking :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...