Thursday, November 3, 2016

Garam Masala


I have a recipe I want to try that calls for the Indian spice, Garam Masala.

I'm sure I've had this before as I have at least sampled a lot of Indian food but I had to look it up.

So I thought about going out to buy this but then thought about how I can now make my own Italian turkey sausage after finding a recipe and decided to just make it instead.

I mean don't you hate always having to run to the store for yet another exotic ingredient?

It's expensive for one and time consuming for another.

Sometimes I don't even know what they're asking for so I have to look it up.

This recipe is quick and easy.

I had all the spices it calls for on hand but will admit the cadamom is something probably most people don't have in their spice cabinets.

To be really honest mine is really old but I'm using it anyway because I don't want to spend the money and run to the store as I said.

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp ground cumin

1 1/2 tsp ground coriander

1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom

1 1/2 tsp black pepper

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 tsp ground nutmeg



I had to grind my cardamom seeds using my mortar and pestle.  





Mix them together and you have a quick Garam Masala.

You'll see what I'm using this for tomorrow.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...