Friday, October 13, 2017

Who's On Your Front Row?

This is something I saw on CONNECT that I really loved.

It reminded me of something my own mother said to me years ago when I was in my 20's and kind of low.

She said "How many of these "friends" you have would actually be there for you in the same way you're there for them?".

After that point let's just say I let a lot of my "friendships" fall away.

What you learn after a while is that it doesn't really do anybody any good to hang on to a mutually harmful relationship.

I thought this little article put that in perspective. 

****

Life Is A Theater
Invite Your Audience Carefully

Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in our lives.  There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance.  It is amazing what you can accomplish when you let go of, or at least minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not going anywhere relationships/friendships.

Observe the relationships around you.  Pay attention!  

Which ones lift you and which ones lean?

Which ones encourage and which ones discourage?

Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill?

When you leave certain people, do you feel better or worse?

Which ones always have drama or don't really understand, know or appreciate you?

The more you seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you, the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in your front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life.

If you cannot change the people around you, change the people you're around.

****

Sometimes difficult relationships are the heaviest things we carry around.  

I hope you all have a front row full of love and support.  

Blessings, 

~Carrie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...