Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Frontera Chicken Taco Skillet



This is a product I heard about on the Hungry Girl newsletter.  

If you haven't signed up for her newsletter yet I'd highly recommend it.

She gives fantastic product finds, recipes and other ideas.

This is something put out by chef, Rick Bayless.  



There are a few different flavors but I chose this mix that contains grilled chicken breast, New Mexico Chile tomato sauce and fire roasted peppers.

I would rate the heat(spice) on this at a medium hot.  

You can find this product at Target in the frozen foods section.  

It was a little pricey but it was worth it today.  

This bag serves 2 and it comes out to only 4 pts!!!

Here comes the but!

But...  the instructions say to use a large skillet and first add 1 Tbsp of canola oil.

Who needs that?!

Let me just tell you that I did not add it and it was fantastic. 

There was nothing missing.  

I cooked it on medium heat and the tomato sauce melted quickly and it didn't scorch the pan or burn.

Without the oil I gave myself 3 points for it and it was fabulous.

First I thought about putting it in a Ole Xtreme Wellness tortilla(1 pt each).

Unfortunately it's too juicy(I know what you're thinking- not a bad problem to have ;) ).

This is the cleaned up pic.  I was a mess!


It sort of ran out all over me and the plate.

Then I decided to just put it over some lettuce in a bowl.

It was perfect!

Didn't even need the cheese and I saved 1 pt by opting out of the tortilla.  

So, if you're too tired to cook tonight and you want to add a little spice to your life, try this meal.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...