Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Mudhustler's Pumpkin Spice Donuts!



A while back I tried to recreate WW member, Mudhustler's 1 sp donut.  

As you can see here.  It wasn't successful.

But, I believe in getting back up and trying again so I decided to make another attempt, this time making it the pumpkin spice flavor.

I am so happy to report that this time it worked!!!!

So, what did I do differently?

I bought aluminum free baking powder and I used 2 tsp instead of 1 Tbsp of baking powder.

When you're making the pumpkin spice version you also substitute pumpkin puree for the applesauce.

In addition I've noticed not all protein powders scoop measures are the same.  I think it's best to get the Quest protein powder.  


So, here it is...

Ingredients

1 cup Kodiak power cakes mix(whole grain buttermilk)

2 scoops of Quest Salted Caramel protein powder

2 tsp aluminum free baking powder(I used Rumford brand)

2 packets Truvia

1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree(NOT pumpkin pie filling)

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 1/2 cold water


Instructions

Preheat your oven to 375 F.

Mix all the dry ingredients together with a whisk to blend well.



Next add in the wet ingredients and mix well.

Fill a standard doughnut size pan(6 donut pan) 1/2-2/3 of the way full.





Bake 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

These were fantastic!!!!

So yummy!

I'm so happy I finally got this recipe to work for me.

This is most definitely worth a try!








Happy Cooking!!!



2 comments:

  1. I bought the pumpkin flaxseed pancake Mic. Can you give me some weight watchers recipes to make with it . Please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am no longer maintaining the blog. Mudhustler has his own website and likely has several good recipes there. In addition you might check some of my other favorite websites: www.skinnytaste.com www.emilybites.com www.drizzlemeskinny.com www.dashingdish.com www.Hungry-Girl.com
      Best wishes!
      Carrie

      Delete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...