Monday, October 16, 2017

Delicious BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich!




Being a Weight Watcher has definitely made me more of a conscious shopper.

When I'm at the store now I'm actively looking for new products and scanning in the isles like Annie Oakley. 

The last time I went to Wal-Mart I found Great Value smoked pulled pork meat.  



It's only 3 pts per serving!  

So I came home and measured out my 3 oz and mixed it with 2 Tbsp of my favorite BBQ sauce, GATES, and put it on a 2 pt Sara Lee bun with pickles.

And,....

It was HEAVEN!!!!



I loved that there was virtually no fat in there.  Some products, like the Hormel roast beef dinners, you get them home and they're half fat. 

What a waste of money!

This was very lean and I felt like 3 oz of meat was more than enough when I was piling it up on the bun.  




My son is picky so he ate the meat plain but my husband loved it all.

My father happened to stop by and I made him a sandwich as well and he thought it was fantastic. 

That's only 6 pts for the whole thing!

You see, last weekend we went on a day trip to the Renaissance Festival and then to a Cider Mill for a Fall Festival.  

I packed my lunch and ate it at the Renaissance Festival but by the end of the day before we left for home I was starving again.

So, I ate the only thing they had at the Cider Mill, BBQ Brisket sandwich.

It was 44 points!!!  Yack!  

But, I tracked it and there went my weeklies.  

So, coming home and fixing this sandwich, which by the way was every bit as good, was a real win.

It put me in such a good mood!  

I was a little more excited about it all than my family... okay, a lot more excited but when you find something that tastes this good, like the full fatty deal, and it's point friendly?

That's HUGE!!!!  

So, the next time you're too tired to cook or you have a hankering for a BBQ sandwich remember this tip.

Pick up the Great Value pork.   You won't be disappointed.  



Happy Munching!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...