Sunday, October 15, 2017

Surviving Fast Food Restaurants Part 1: Chick-Fil- A



One of the biggest challenges I think many of us face is when we're away from home and without a plan or pre-packed, plan friendly food.

And you know what?

That's life.

It's going to happen.  There are just going to be times where the unexpected happens and we aren't prepared.

It might be that you end up staying late at work, having to go to an unexpected meeting, and extended time away from home for whatever reason.

The possibilities are endless.

The one thing that can help is knowing and keeping a list of some basic go-to favorites at the major fast food chains.

This is something I'm still building on and learning about.

I think traditionally I've just felt like I couldn't be successful when eating out, especially at a fast food restaurant, but that's really not true.

So today I'm going to share a few options with you for the next time you're caught unaware.

Someone on CONNECT recommended to me to find my top 3 favorites at each restaurant and I think that's great advice.

I was going to make this all one post but I think that would be a bit long so I'm breaking it up by restaurant.


First up- Chick Fil A

This has got to be my absolute favorite fast food restaurant.  I love their food!  But in the old days it was always the #1 meal- fried chicken sandwich, large fries and those to-die-for chocolate chip cookies.  Those cookies are 16 points a piece by the way!  Yikes!

What do I get now?

Grilled chicken nuggets with a fruit cup instead of fries.  An 8 count serving of nuggets is only 2 pts and the 12 count are only 3 pts.  Fruit is free so you're looking at only 2-3 points for the meal!

The grilled chicken sandwich is only 8 pts which really isn't too bad.

The grilled Cob salad with grilled nuggets is only 8 pointsThis doesn't include the salad dressing.  Most of the salads are 8-10 points but this doesn't include dressing and sometimes it doesn't include all the toppings.

The best dressings by point are the Light Italian at 1 pt and the Chile Lime Vinaigrette Dressing for 3 pts.  

The Chicken Noodle Soup is 4 pts for the small and 7 for the large.  

Sometimes kids meals are a great way to go because you get a little of what you really want.

The kids regular fried 6 count nugget is only 4 pts or 4 count for 3 points.  This doesn't include fries.

If you get the fries in the kids meal you'll need to add on another 10 pts!

Once you know point values you can mix and match.  You might want to get the 12 count nuggets(3 pts) with a small cup of chicken noodle soup(4 pts) and an added fruit cup(free!).

Or you could mix and match with a side salad and the Light Italian dressing.

I've pretty much stuck to the grilled nuggets.  I've ordered it enough times that I don't even have to think about it and I love feeling good about the choices I'm making.

If you have any favorites that I didn't mention let me know.

Let me tell you there is nothing like the feeling you get when you finally know you don't have to be afraid of dining out. 

If this truly is a lifestyle part of that is learning to be successful in almost any situation. 

Happy Munching!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...