Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!!!!



Year after year I keep saying I'm going to be more organized and do some really good decorating for trunk or treat and at the house.

We do have several decorations at home but I really wanted something more.

One of the things I love watching every Halloween is the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin special.

We own it and watch it every year without fail.

My son and I don't really like creepy, scary things and this show is sweet but festive.

So I decided that would be the perfect theme.

I found several awesome pictures on Pinterest.

Searching on Amazon I found a backdrop and a large cardboard cutout of Linus and Lucy.

We bought pumpkins for the pumpkin patch.

I'm lucky enough to have a handy husband and he made some small, standing wooden poles with prongs at the top.

We put a kick ball atop each one and then threw over white sheets.

I cut out black felt for the eyes and, voila, ghosties!

They were so cute!

Of course, as a WW, I was also thinking about all the treats.

My personal kryptonite is the Reese's cup, especially any holiday ones.

Why?  You ask.

Because I love the peanut butter to chocolate ratio they have, 2:1.

I purposely didn't buy any Halloween candy until we were on the way to the church to hand out candy.

I know my husband and I would just eat it all if we kept it at home.

My son is actually the good one.  He's so honest.  He never takes any junk without asking first.

The other thing I've done is look up point values ahead of time.

Hungry Girl has a great page with point values you can find here.

My advice before you head out for trunk or treats or parties?

Look it up ahead of time.  Allow yourself a pre-tracked treat.

Eat good-for-you food and drink lots of water before you head out so you're not hungry.

Enjoy yourself!

If this isn't a diet but rather a lifestyle you should be enjoying yourself and all the holidays.

If holidays are still a source of anxiety and stress talk to your leader.

Lastly, don't beat yourself up if you go over.

Let's face it- you've probably spent your whole life beating yourself up over your weight and food choices.

Did that ever work for you?

Why not try something different?

I always say, you can hate yourself into change but you can only love yourself to transformation.

So have fun, and have a safe and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...