Friday, October 20, 2017

Skinnytaste's Baked Pumpkin With Oatmeal and Bananas





Today's recipe comes from skinnytaste.  

One of my CONNECT friends recommended this one and posted a pic that was drool worthy.

So, I decided to make it for myself.  


Ingredients

3 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces

1 cup canned pumpkin(NOT pumpkin pie filling)

1 Tbsp honey

3 Tbsp brown sugar

1 cup uncooked quick oats

1/4 cup chopped pecans

1/2 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp cinnamon

1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp nutmeg

Pinch of salt

1 cup fat free milk

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla extract


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 F.  Spray an 8 x 8 pan and set aside.

Arrange the bananas in a single layer at the bottom of the pan.

Sprinkle 1/4 tsp cinnamon and honey over the top of the bananas.  

Cover and bake for 15 minutes.













While the bananas are cooking pull out a bowl and add oats, half of the nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and salt.  Stir to combine.




In a separate bowl mix together the pumpkin, egg, vanilla, brown sugar, milk and egg.




Pull the bananas out of the oven.  





Then top evenly with the oatmeal mix.  

Next, cover evenly with the pumpkin mixture and sprinkle with remaining nuts.






Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. 




This recipe yields 6 servings and comes out to 5 points per serving.  

This was very good, not over-the-moon good but good.  I think part of the issue is that I am not usually a fan of bananas.  I like to eat them plain but that's it.  

I have, however, been trying to expand my horizons and open my mind a bit.  So I thought I'd give this a try.  

In the past I would've hated this because of the bananas.  I didn't hate this.  I liked it and that alone is a victory but I don't love it enough to want to binge on it(this is a good thing!) or make it again.  

I'm still glad I tried it and honestly, if you do like bananas cooked in things like this, you'll probably love it instead of just liking it.  

So if you're a banana fan give this a try.  





Happy Cooking!


2 comments:

  1. Love everything in this, definitely going to give it a try! Love Skinnytaste!

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...