Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Skinnytaste Turkey Burgers with Zucchini & a Side of Veggies Please!

This whole plate is only 3 pts!

I have heard about these burgers over and over and over on CONNECT.

Apparently everyone loves them so I had to try them for myself.

I'll have to apologize for a less than stellar presentation however.

I didn't realize I didn't have buns for them until I was finished.  It's called run like crazy all day until I pick up my son day!

So, here's a scoop of real life at my house.

Things definitely don't routinely look perfect or put together.

In addition, I decided to roast some 0 point veggies to fill up with.

I found these beautiful Golden beets at Wal-Mart today!




I couldn't wait to try them.  If you think you don't like beets consider trying them fresh roasted.

I hate the ones out of the can but fresh roasted are fantastic!

Also, I have to apologize for my lack of pictures.  This was a spur of the moment thing and I forgot to start taking pictures until I had gotten well into the recipe.

It's incredibly easy though so even if you don't feel confident in the kitchen you're still likely to succeed. ;)


Here we go~

Ingredients

5 oz grated zucchini(4.25 oz if you've already squeezed the liquid out)

1 lb 93% lean ground turkey

1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs

1 clove grated garlic(I used minced roasted garlic because it's what I had on hand)

1 Tbsp grated red onion(I used yellow)

1 tsp kosher salt & fresh ground pepper

Oil spray


Instructions

I decided to use the George Foreman grill my mom gave us.  My husband has used this but I never had and thought it was time to dive in.

I sprayed the grill with olive oil spray and let it warm up.

While the grill was warming I used my hands to gently wring out any liquid from the zucchini.

This is different than what she mentions on the recipe but it works for me and it's kind of the lazy girl's way out.

In a medium to large bowl combine the zucchini with all the remaining ingredients and mix it well with your hands.



Yes, you will get messy hands but you know what they say?  Best tools in the kitchen are your hands!

Don't be afraid to use them!!!

Make this into 5 equal patties.  These are around 4.5 oz each.

If you're using a grill like I am you cook them for 5 minutes total.  If you're using a regular grill it's more like 5 minutes per side, flipping them after the first 5 minutes.

Let me tell you this grill was dummy proof!  I loved this thing!  I also love that you can remove the grill plates for easy cleaning.

And, to think it's just been more or less collecting dust in my cabinet.

I'm not sure I'll be motivated to use the regular grill now.
























You're looking at 3 points of yum!

There was a recipe I used to make that was very similar.  It was Jamie Eason's Italian Turkey burgers.

I really compared these to those and I have to tell you, these definitely tasted better and they're a whole lot easier!

Yes!  Another win!




I have to confess, I don't like a lot of extras on my burger.  I'm pretty picky but I know most other people do like lots of condiments and so forth.

This would be great on a Sara Lee 2 pt bun. I could even handle it with dill pickles and some GATES BBQ sauce.  Mmmmm....  

I'll remember that for next time when I'm much more organized.  

For the veggies I just set the oven to 450 F and then chopped up one whole yellow onion, both of my beautiful Golden beets, a head of broccoli, one red bell pepper, 8 oz of mushrooms, and a zucchini.

I tossed them and sprayed them with olive oil and roasted them for one hour until there was a slight char.





These are all FREE!!!!  Woo hoo!  

And, they're beautiful!

Gotta love when that happens.  





Happy Cooking!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...