Friday, September 15, 2017

1 Pt Zucchini Bread!





This recipe comes from fellow WW buddy, Jean.  

You can imagine how excited I was to try this when I heard it was only 1 pt!

I do have to tell you in all honesty, however, that I have very limited experience baking.

So, this is a little scary for me although it seems like a relatively easy recipe.  

But, you know what they say?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'm always up for trying new things!

And mistakes?

That's how we learn!!!!

I call those particularly instructive mistakes, beautiful mistakes.

Sometimes that's how we grow and become our best selves.

On to the recipe!


Ingredients

Wet ingredients

5 egg whites(15 Tbsp liquid egg whites)

1/2 cup Stevia

1 cup unsweetened apple sauce

1 tsp vanilla

3 cups grated zucchini

Dry Ingredients

2 cups whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 Tbsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 325 F and spray two bread pans with cooking spray and set aside. 

Combine eggs, Stevia, applesauce, and vanilla in a large bowl. 





Next add in the zucchini and mix well.  Well, that's what the recipe says.  The thing that made this non-baker really nervous is that it did not say whether you should wring out the liquid from the zucchini.

Zucchini has a LOT of moisture and most of the recipes I've made that use grated zucchini do ask that you wring out the liquid so I decided to go ahead and do that.  

I mean look at the picture below.  There is a ton of liquid there and I haven't even wrung it all out yet!!!





Now, in a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients- baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.  


Whisk these together and then slowly add to the wet ingredients.






Place into the oven to cook for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean and dry.


Points~  Each loaf serves 12 and is 1 pt per slice.

That is fantastic!!!








So, this was a bit dense but other than that the texture was good.  

It wasn't too dry, which is what I was worried about.  I think I would prefer it to be a bit sweeter.

Next time I might go for Truvia which is technically a mix of Stevia and erythritol or just add more Stevia in the Raw.    

Overall it was pretty good!

I am going to ask Jean what she did with the zucchini as I know this makes a difference.

For this baking virgin it's not too bad and who knows, I may just learn to be a baker yet.  



Happy Cooking!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...