Sunday, September 24, 2017

Dashing Dish's Cheesy Cauliflower Gartin





Well, it seems real life has been a prevalent theme in my posts lately and today is no exception.

I made this up after I got home from church while I was simultaneously bombarded with requests from my son.

So, while I cut up a nectarine and made a grilled cheese sandwich for him I was also trying to make this dish and prep my lunch and snacks for Monday.

It was too much.

This turned out more like mashed potatoes, which wasn't bad, but it wasn't what the recipe was intended to be.

Word to the wise- don't over boil your cauliflower and don't cook while you're distracted!



Ingredients

1 large head of cauliflower

2 cups water

1 cup plain Greek yogurt(or low fat sour cream or low fat cottage cheese)

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided

1 tsp dried, minced onion

1/2 tsp prepared mustard

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp sweetener that measures like sugar(I used Truvia)


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 F.  Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.  Wash the cauliflower and cut it into bite-size pieces.  Place the cauliflower in a large pot and add the water.

Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.  Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is just starting to get tender, NOT mushy!



Drain the cauliflower in a colander and place in a large bowl.

Mix the yogurt, 1/2 cup Cheddar, 1/4 cup Parmesan, minced onion, mustard, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and sweetener together in a small bowl.  (Or you can use a large one like I did and then throw in the cauliflower to mix it together.)



Add the sauce to the cauliflower and stir until well combined.  Pour into the prepared baking dish.



Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan over the cauliflower.



Bake 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the topping is lightly golden brown.



Serve warm.

So, even though mine was more like mashed potatoes instead of distinct florets it still tasted good.

Next time I'll make sure to do one thing at a time.

This recipe serves 8 and comes out to 3 points per serving.  



Happy Cooking!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...