Wednesday, September 13, 2017

A Little Something Special For Your Cup Of Cocoa



This is something I found on the internet.  I know, shock!  lol

I know it seems a bit early for cocoa but I often have a cup of 1 pt Swiss Miss so this appealed to me.

I thought this was a really cute way to make your cup of cocoa a little more special.

It's also a perfect way to get the kids involved.

This is frozen whip cream cut outs.

I decided to use Skinny TruWhip for this.



I used a small 6 inch round pan and lined it with aluminum foil.

Take the TruWhip or other light whipping cream and spread it evenly over the bottom of the pan to 1/2 inch thickness.





Freeze this for at least one hour then pick your favorite small cookie cutters and cut out shapes to put in your cocoa!

You may want to choose a wider mouth mug so you have a little more flexibility in size and shape.



These are the cute little cookie cutters I got at Williams Sonoma years ago.  I love that they have a little plunger to push the cookie out.  I use these on pie dough to punch out little leaf shapes and place around the edge of my Fall pies.  No, I don't make the crust homemade.  I've never been much of a baker.  It's a habit I don't want to start considering the points ;)






My son really enjoyed this and it was way easy!

The only word of caution is that these start melting pretty quickly so you don't want to handle them for long.  

This is one my son did~





I know it seems a little early for gingerbread men but it's just us and it's just for fun.  









Cut it out and into the mug it goes!

I love simple things like this that I can share with my son.  We're not stressing over a lot of labor intensive cooking or worrying about it being perfect.

We're just having fun and making memories with each other.

Now that's magical.  




Happy Cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...