Friday, January 12, 2018

Chicken & Chickpea Masala





Today I had a wild hare and felt like making something different.  

I decided to use my pressure cooker because, after all, I originally bought it for its many benefits~ shorter cooking times, uses less energy which creates more time and money for me.  

So, I found this recipe to try.  

I'm not going to re-post the recipe but I will give you a sneak peak at the making of this dish.

Things I changed~

I substituted chicken breasts for the drumsticks to decrease the points.  

I also substituted fat free half and half for the whole milk and only used 3 Tbsp of lemon juice.  

Personally, I don't like a strong lemon flavor in something like this.  Next time I make this I may just make it 2 Tbsp.
























I loved cooking the spices on the stove top.  My whole house smelled aromatic.






















I will also tell you that I didn't use all the spinach it called for.  I had two 6 oz bags instead of 18 oz and it already seemed like a lot of spinach.


Before
After

After adding the half & half

Every time I use my pressure cooker I ask myself why I'm not using it more.  It's amazing how fast everything cooks and it's so easy.

Let's talk points~  

This recipe serves 4, which I gotta tell you, really surprised me.  These are huge serving sizes!

If you make the changes I made to this recipe it comes out to 3 pts.

The taste was great!  Of course, liking Indian food is a requisite here but I do.

I love their different blends of spices and textures, colors and aromas.  

Make this plan more fun and try something new!  



Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...