Sunday, January 14, 2018

2 Ingredient Dough!



I have been seeing and hearing about this 2 ingredient dough ALL OVER CONNECT!

People are getting super creative in making new recipes with this base.  I've seen people making cinnamon rolls, putting it in a mini muffin pan and filling it with taco filling, pretzels, bagels,... you name it!  There are limitless possibilities!

I have been longing to try it out but admittedly nervous because, as I've said before, I'm not a baker. 

Here are the magic 2~

1 cup self rising flour(13 pts)

1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt(0 pts)

Note:  If you don't have self rising type flour just add in 1 1/2 tsp baking powder to the flour.
This is what I did. 

Also, instead of kneading this dough I put it in my Kitchenaid mixer and used the dough hook.  This was much less mess than what I saw on CONNECT. 



Pre-heat the oven to 450 F.

Mix the dry ingredients together, if needed.  Place the yogurt in the mixer and then slowly add the flour and mix until it forms a ball.  Then mix an additional couple minutes.





I sprayed my pizza stone with olive oil spray as well as my hands before I worked with it. 

Spread the dough out on the stone and bake alone for 8-10 minutes. 




Take it out and then add your desired toppings.  I used 2 oz part skim mozzarella, marinara, 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan and turkey pepperoni. 




My pizza came out to 7 pts for a third of it!




The dough was slightly doughy but other than that it was fabulous!  I originally cooked the dough 7 minutes before adding toppings.  That's why I recommended you all bake it for 8-10 minutes first.

I think the taste was great! 

My only problem was that I ate too much.  Pizza is a trigger food for me, .... still. 

My husband wasn't home and my son wasn't hungry so all of that yummy pizza was just sitting there tempting and calling me like a siren song. 

Next time I'll drink a bunch of water and eat a salad before it gets done.  And, I'll make sure my hubby is here to help eat it!!!

That usually helps. 

I'm definitely going to try this out again but next time it may be a cinnamon treat. 

Doesn't that sound heavenly?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...