Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Blueberry Lemon Banana Yogurt Muffins




I've been craving warm, blueberry muffins lately.

I haven't bought or made them homemade because they're high in points and I didn't trust myself not to eat several in one sitting. 

But, then I found this recipe on drizzlemeskinny.

Considering each muffin is only 2 pts a piece I thought it would be safe enough to try. 

Plus, it's another way to use a zero point power food, plain, non-fat Greek yogurt!

Here's a peak~













The only thing I changed was that I used FAGE plain, non-fat Greek yogurt in place of the lemon flavor. 

I did this because I didn't have it on hand and I didn't want the lemon taste to be overwhelming.  Some people really like that but I'm not one of them. 

Do whatever works for you.

I also mixed all my dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them to the mixture. 


This is generally a good rule of thumb to prevent cooking disasters.

I know this from experience ;)

The scoop? 

These are good.  They're not the same as eating the full fatty, high point and high sugar muffins but I'm satisfied with these today.

I'm still working on getting back on track after the holidays so I don't think having the full fatty muffins around would be smart.

When I'm more in control I'll probably want to have one or two of those. 

Today, this fits the bill.




Enjoy your power foods!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...