Friday, August 11, 2017

The Ava Gardner Sandwich



I'm not normally a big sandwich fan but this baby?  This is to-die-for in my opinion.

I get this beauty at our locally owned health food store.  

It's ciabatta bread with goat cheese on one piece of the bread and a sun dried tomato pesto on the other piece.

In between in kale, Portabella mushroom, onions and roasted beets.

It's called The Ava Gardner.

It is so freaking good!

This would also be easy to make at home.

They grill the Portabella so this isn't laden with butter and oil.  

The spreads are also very thin.

Points~

For one serving of ciabatta bread it's 4 pts.

Goat cheese is 2 pts for one tablespoon.

0 points for beets, onions, kale and mushrooms.

I gave myself 3 pts for the sun dried tomato pesto which is pretty high.

This is where you could probably save big points at home, making your own skinnied down version of this.

So it's roughly 9 points for an insanely delicious and really filling sandwich.

If I'm being honest, I also feel so elegant eating it.

Maybe that's why they named it the Ava Gardner. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...