Friday, August 4, 2017

Chili's Ancho Salmon




Here I go again!

My husband, son & I decided to have a date and go see the new Emoji movie Tuesday.

We met for lunch before the movie at Chili's.  

I pulled out my handy dandy phone app and decided on this yummy number, Ancho Salmon.

It's 15 points for the whole plate.

You could cut it down by boxing half of it or you could substitute extra broccoli for the rice.

I have to say, I was a little worried because my husband was sitting next to me and he ordered the fajitas which is what I usually order.

But, ...  mine was delicious!  

He also ordered the chicken and I usually get the steak so it wasn't as tempting. 

You know I always thought fajitas would be point friendly but they're not, at least not at Chili's.  

I suppose it's the oil and the sides of sour cream, cheese and so forth that make them so high.

There's also the tortillas.  But, I've been known to sneak in my own tortillas before.  

When I was pregnant with my son I had gestational diabetes and the only options are diet or insulin.

I was diet controlled, checking my glucose four times a day.  

And you know what?  It's pretty amazing what you can do when you know you're doing it for your baby.  

So, when I ate there during pregnancy I brought my own low carb tortillas in.  

You should've seen the waitress stare at me when I said I didn't want tortillas as I'd brought in my own.  

It was worth it then and it's worth it now.  

So, if you're dining at Chili's you might give this dish a try.  

I didn't feel deprived in the least and after I'd finished every bite I felt really full.

The only down side was that a full belly plus over-sized cozy recliners in the theater are a recipe for sleep!  

I fell asleep at the beginning of the movie and had to sit up to stay awake.  

Good food and be so comforting.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...