Friday, February 16, 2018

Dining Out At Qdoba




Today I unfortunately woke up at 4:30 am, not even one hour before I normally get up.

While I should've just gotten out of bed I ended up falling back asleep, which only made me sleepier.  Ugg!  

Anyway, I have felt exhausted today.  I certainly didn't have the energy to cook or meal plan.

Even though I really, really didn't want to work out today, I did it anyway and even though I wanted to order whatever I felt like I didn't want to sabotage my hard work.

So I pulled out my handy dandy WW's app and looked up a few restaurants.  I have a few I've gone to over and over and have enjoyed success with that but I wanted to go somewhere that was new to me.

I had only been to Qdoba once years ago when it opened.  I wasn't on WW then but I had seen several people on CONNECT post about enjoying Qdoba for very few points.

My fellow meeting member and friend, Teresa, also mentioned that it was one of her favorites so I knew I had to try it.  

I met my mom for lunch and it was lovely.  I asked for a bowl of lettuce(0 pts) with black beans(0 pts), fajita vegetables(1 pt), part pico de gallo and part corn salsa(both 0 pts) and the grilled chicken(4 pts).   




I skipped the cheese and chips because I'd already read that those are point bombs.  Fortunately I don't really like sour cream or guacamole so I didn't have to worry about missing out there either.

This was delicious and fresh and I love that you get to have some control over what goes on your plate or in your bowl.  It's made to order.

Of course afterwards I was further reading through the app and realized that the shrimp is 0 pts.  Just be careful not to order the shrimp salad which is 23 pts!!!

I'm excited that I ventured out to try something new today.  I really loved that I didn't have to feel guilty about what I ate and that it didn't eat into my daily or weekly points as some restaurants might.

You see, I'm saving my points up for tomorrow when my son and I make our annual heart shaped cake to celebrate Valentine's Day.  

There's no way I'm going to miss that!  And, my son is even more excited this year than ever.  

So, consider Qdoba's as a possible stop if you don't feel like cooking tonight.  

I think you'll be glad  you did.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...