Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Bubble Up Casserole


Look!  Drippy Cheese! :)

I joined a CONNECT group that does different challenges each week.  This past week was a recipe swap.  We posted our favorite go-to recipes each day.  One of my friends posted a Ranch Bubble Up Casserole that looked good but since I don't like ranch flavor I changed things.

I have made a enchilada bubble up recipe from emilybites that was very good.  I also posted that one on my blog.  You can find it here.  

Today I was craving something creamy.  I looked through my fridge and freezer to see what I had and this is what I came up with.  

Ingredients

16 oz of frozen spinach

1 (15 oz) jar of Classico Light Asiago Romano Alfredo sauce(or other preferred light brand Alfredo)

1 (7.5 oz) can of buttermilk biscuits(I used Wal-Mart's Great Value brand)

1 (12.5 oz) can of chicken chunks

1/4 cup chicken broth

1 cup part skim mozzarella

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Salt & Pepper to taste


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Spray a 9 x 13 inch Pyrex dish with cooking spray and set aside.

Thaw your spinach and then, using your hands, wring out the excess water.



Mix together the spinach, Alfredo, broth, chicken, garlic powder, salt & pepper in a large bowl.



Cut each biscuit into four pieces and then gently toss with the mix to coat.



Place mix into your casserole dish and spread it out evenly.  

Bake for 25 minutes.  

Take it out of the oven and top it with the mozzarella cheese.  



Place back in the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking.






This serves 6 and comes out to 8 pts per serving.

This was delicious!  

The only downside for me is that it wasn't all that filling.  

So, word to the wise, eat a salad, a fruit and/or another vegetable with this.  

It just takes a lot to make this hungry girl feel full.  I could've easily eaten 3 servings.

It's definitely worth making again but next time I'll be more prepared with other sides.  




Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...