Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Finding Recipes



Our wonderful and fearless leader, Nancy, was kind enough to pass out one of the recipes I adapted on here.

It was specifically for the chicken pot pie which you can search for or find here.

I haven't had time to go back and recalculate point values for the recipes I've posted but I'm happy to say many of them are going to be much lower.

You might try to search for roasted mushrooms or your favorite ingredients to get ideas.

If you're new and you're really hungry try checking out this, now 0 pt, recipe.  Just make sure your ground turkey is 99% fat free to make it 0 pts.

I'm asking Santa for more free time for Christmas.

In truth, I love cooking but when I'm overwhelmed with work, my son's school activities, family obligations, workouts, etc, well, it gets to be a bit much.

When I have time to just sit I feel more inspired and I get excited about coming up with new recipes and cooking in general.

Just a quick word for friends who don't really like to cook~

If you're struggling on the new plan because you don't like to cook I would recommend at least trying to find a base of five or so go-to recipes that you can easily make.

If you have a base to work with and you make them more often then the cooking becomes easier and less monotonous and time consuming.

Like everything else in life cooking takes some practice.

Another option might be going to places like Eat. Fit. Go.  They have a lot of whole food type meals that should be lower in points now.

There are also a lot of options when dining out now.

So keep an open mind, experiment a little and enjoy your plan and your food!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...