Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Dashing Dish's Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole




This recipe comes from a book my friend Jodie got me last Christmas.  Thanks Jodie!

It's called Devotions for a Healthier You by Katie Farrell. 

Katie is the author of The Dashing Dish

I've made tons of her recipes and they've all been fantastic!

Please note that the main dish ingredients are separated from the topping ingredients.

In addition I just want to mention I bought my frozen broccoli from SAM's Club and it was so convenient!

It comes in a huge bag but inside are four separate steamer bags that you can microwave so it makes it incredibly easy. 




I love that I now have leftover broccoli steamer bags in the freezer to whip out whenever I need a 0 pt snack. 




Ingredients

Casserole

2 (12.5 oz) bags frozen broccoli florets

1 cup cooked and shredded chicken(I used the canned chicken)

1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

1/4 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder(I used 3/4 tsp)

1/2 tsp onion powder


Topping

2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup (1 oz) shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 450 F. 

Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan with cooking spray and set aside.

Place frozen broccoli florets in a medium bowl and microwave for 5-10 minutes.  I don't like overcooked broccoli so I only cooked mine for 4 minutes each. 

In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, grated Parmesan, cottage cheese and Greek yogurt. 







Add this mix to the thawed broccoli in a large bowl. 

Now add in the chicken and cheddar cheese and mix well.  I used canned chicken which made it a lot easier. 



Place in the casserole dish.



Mix together the two topping ingredients, grated Parmesan and Cheddar cheeses, and sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.



Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted and it's heated through. 



I set this recipe to serve 6.

When I put this in the recipe builder under the new Freestyle plan it comes out to 4 points per serving.  

This was delicious! 

It's healthy and low in points.  It's also really easy peasy to make. 

That is always a winning combination!



Happy Cooking!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...