Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Rewriting My Life

This morning I sat under the weight of once again not living up to the expectations I have set for myself.

Yesterday I was going to workout, and after I got home to use the one hour I had set aside for myself, a friend called in distress.  

So I chose to be there for her rather than workout.

But I was left with guilt for once again not having worked out.

And what I realized is that I’ve been suffocating under the weight of everything I SHOULD do or be & everything I’ve been engrained to believe I should be or achieve in order to be good enough.  

So today I decided to reclaim my power by rewriting my life.

I will no longer be satisfied with a standard set outside myself.  

I have little time this morning between dropping my son off & going to work, not enough to shower.

But I worked out anyway.  I’ll blow dry the sweat and spray myself down with deodorant, dress and go.

And I’ve decided it’s good enough for me.  

My loose , white skin, my wrinkles, all the other things that make me everything other than what I’ve been told are acceptable I now endeavor to see as complete and beautiful in its own way.  

With every limiting thought I encounter I will work towards writing a new story as the author, NOT as a character in someone else’s play.  

With each challenge I will understand that I have the opportunity to assign meaning to each event.


And I will face them, not as a hapless victim, but a heroine in the story of my life 😊❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...