Monday, November 20, 2017

More From Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think

As I mentioned before I'm reading Brian Wansink's Mindless Eating:  Why We Eat More Than We Think.


One thing I really loved that the author said is that, in general, when we eat 1000 fewer calories a day we feel deprived.
When we eat 1000 more calories daily on a routine basis we’ll be shopping for larger clothes. 

However if we eat 100 calories more or less we’re generally unaware of the difference.  

This is what the author calls the Mindless Margin.

Now think about this ~

Making small changes can have a really big impact on your waistline.

If you eat one less 270 calorie candy bar each day you’ll weigh 27 fewer pounds in a year.

One less 140 calorie soft drink each day = 14 fewer pounds a year.

One less 420 calorie bagel or donut each day = 42 fewer pounds a year.

The other thing I love is that he is absolutely against giving up favorite foods because anything that makes you feel deprived will never be a long term solution.

And the plus about the Mindless Margin is that, even if you don’t change anything else but that one small thing, you’ll still lose weight at the end of the year.  It’s slow but it’s still meaningful weight loss.  😀

That’s why the author says “the best diet is the one you don’t know you’re on”.  😉


Here’s to creating life long habits we can live with and live well!

2 comments:

  1. My dollar general had a hungry girl cookbook for 3.00. Just an FYI for u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is amazing! I have a copy but I may have to buy a copy for a friend.
    That's a fantastic deal! Thank you so much! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...