Thursday, March 15, 2018

Dashing Dish's Mocha Java Protein Shake



This is another quick and easy recipe from Dashing Dish by Katie Farrell.  



Ingredients

1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese

1/4 cup vanilla or plain protein powder

1 packet instant coffee (or 1 tsp instant coffee powder)

1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

2 Tbsp fat free half-and-half (or coffee creamer of choice)

2 Tbsp sweetener that measures like sugar, or to taste (I highly recommend using a LOT LESS if you're using a pre-sweetened protein powder!!!)

1/2-1 cup water(depending on your preferred consistency)

5-10 ice cubes(fewer for thinner consistency)





Instructions

Blend all ingredients together until smooth.

NOTE:  DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE LID ON TOP OF YOUR VITA MIX OR BLENDER!!!

I did this first thing in the morning and I forgot to put the lid on and it made a ginormous mess.

My cabinets, the book, myself and even my kitchen ceiling were covered in protein shake bits!

Ugg!!!



What was salvageable was pretty good but it was way, way too sweet and I only added 1 Tbsp of sweetener instead of two.  

Next time I'm trying this without any added sweetener as my Jay Robb protein powder is already stevia sweetened.  

After cutting down on the sweetener I think this will be a winner!

This makes one serving and comes out to 5 pts.  

I've had several of her protein shakes that use cottage cheese before and they're very filling.

I can't wait to try this again when I'm more awake.  

Well, one thing's for sure, cooking is always an adventure!

Happy Cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...